BETHEL BAPTIST CHURCH
Bethel Baptist Church was established in 1898. Its ruins are located on Old Springtown Rd. just northwest of Clark Cemetery; it is located on land donated as community property by James Monroe Dobbs. James and his wife, Margaret Elizabeth (Brown), are the only 2 burials in the adjoining cemetery. The church was disbanded in the 1940’s with many of its members transferring to nearby Friendship Baptist Church. Many members of Bethel Baptist Church are interred at Clark Cemetery.